Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Presentation to Village Council

Last night, I was given the opportunity to speak in front of the Fowlerville Village Council. I had two things in mind; 1) to thank the council for providing a space for the historical collection (family histories, obituaries, reference books, census books, old copies of newspapers, and a myriad of other collectibles) in a large walk-in closet in the chamber hall, and 2) to present a copy of The Fowlerville Chronicles for the collection. Village President Wayne Copeland was entrusted with the copy. Everytime I have a chance to speak about putting together this book, I have to rein in my enthusiasm. Otherwise, I could speak for an hour (or longer) on the interesting bits of trivia I discovered in my research. I want to speak about all the many intriguing pioneers, events that shaped this village, businesses that provided security as well as products . . . see, I could go on and on.

Instead I opened the doors to the closet to show all of the binders and books that have been organized and I thanked the council for their generosity. And -- we will add my book to the collection.

If you would like to check out this collection, please feel free to visit with me the first and third Tuesdays of each month at about 9 am until 10 or 10:30.

See you in chamber.

No comments: